March 17th, 2020
My Dearest Calvary Family,
I want you to know that I am praying for you each, and your families, during this season of change. What a great reminder that our faith must be in the Lord, our souls must be right with Jesus, and our eyes must be fixed on the wisdom God gives His children through His Spirit and His Word. I am so reminded of the words of Jesus in this situation: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it; you shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)
One of my great life privileges as Pastor here at Calvary has been the deep commitment to help this church congregation grow with the changing times while also having a deep respect for all members in our family. A family includes the very young, the children, the teenager, the young adult, the adult, and yes, the “little bit older” adult. Everyone is important within our family, no matter what stage of life, no matter what background, no matter what challenge, and no matter what point in the journey they find themselves with God. I have deep love for you all. I know that it is the love of Christ and the heart change He brings that compels me to bring life and hope to you in this generation.
With that as my tenured backdrop as pastor, and with that as my character revealed toward each of you, I want to help us all continue as a strong family in the face of current seasonal change. I am embracing this change and preparing to make each of you stronger, and our ministry more relevant than ever.
Here are some of the adjustments you need to be aware of, and likewise, some of the commitments that I am graciously but firmly asking you to make:
- We are now making every shift and investment of time and resource to take all of our ministry offerings online. Our staff is dedicated and working to providing the best possible experience for all of our family connected with and through Calvary.
- Our worship gatherings and connection moments will continue online only until further notice. We will live stream our Sunday services at 10:00 A.M. beginning this Sunday, March 22nd. You will want to tune in with your family during this time through our online platform, calvaryneworleans.com/watch. We are working to creatively bring a fully engaging experience for you through our current technological capacities, while also exploring and expanding our efforts and abilities to make this deeply personal for everyone in your home and in your social network.
- We want you to stay connected, and we know our Calvary Groups and ministry gatherings are important to continue.We are preparing to continue all of those through creative digital means, and we want you to take the time to connect through your preferred technological device.
- While we will suspend all weekly programs on the church campus for the time being, including all Wednesday evening activities, we will be preparing leaders to continue engaging with you through multiple technological means.
- Our church offices will remain open. Feel free to call, email, or reach out should you have any questions or needs during this time. You can reach us at 504-367-6464 or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will continue to update you in as many ways possible, but we ask you to pay attention to our website, social media, and other ways that we communicate with you.
- Lastly, but of equal importance, I ask you to remain faithful in your giving during this season. Your continued connection and support will allow us to make the adjustments necessary to continue on mission together, and quite frankly, come out on the other side of this stronger than before.
How can I tithe and give my offerings?
-Online: Click here for our online giving page: www.calvaryneworleans.com/give.
-Texting: Text CALVARYNOLA to 77977. Instructions will be sent to you via text message on how to complete the process.
-Through mailing in your offering to our physical mailing address:
2401 General De Gaulle Dr. New Orleans, LA 70114
Please make every effort to engage in these ways. Tune in for worship. Connect in through ministries and groups. Give diligently and faithfully as you do consistently.
Likewise, continue to make every effort to reach out personally to any individual within and connected to the Calvary family that you know would need a phone call, moment of encouragement, or personal time of prayer. No one deserves to be left alone during this time, and you are the army that can help us continue to show the practical love of God in a time of potential isolation.
These are wonderful days to not only know the Good News of a saved soul granted through Jesus Christ, they are wonderful days to gather, connect, and show the love of Christ to those around us. I am proud of each of you, and I offer you my prayers, encouragement, hope and love.